Prison H11 is not a prison at all, but an old barracks built between 1887 and 1890.
On June 30, 1890, the 11th Lini Battalion, led by Major Siron, became the first army unit to occupy the brand new barracks. Special features of the barracks at that time were the very spacious main buildings, the abundant ventilation of the premises, the continuously operating shower systems and the steam-heated vats in the kitchen by the kitchen Troep. The spaces within the building were equipped with oil lamps. During the mobilization in August 1914, the 11th Battalion joins the regiment in Liège and undergoes its baptism of fire in a war situation in Sart-Tilman. An extension application is submitted on July 3, 1934 and in 1935 two new blocks were added. During that time, the capacity of the barracks increases with two battalions. On July 16, 1934, the official name of the barracks was given to a Major of the 12th Line Regiment who was killed by the enemy on September 28, 1918. On May 10, 1940, the 1st Line left this barracks for war, following in the footsteps of its ancestors in 1914. About the end of October 1994, most soldiers had left the barracks, after which the last soldier closed the door behind them at the end of 1994. The old barracks were offered for sale in 1995 and sold in 1999. Since today, the barracks have been converted into luxury apartments The urbex name Prison H11 was created because there is 1 building with 11 prisons on the complex.